|Farm||Alta Gracia-Carmo de Minas M.G.|
Luiz Paulo Pereira / Santuario Project
|Coffee Area||60 ha.|
|Rainfall in mm||1.650 mm.|
|Average Annual Temperature||23 °C|
Add to compare0
Alta Gracia Project is part of IP farm ( Luiz Paulo Pereira Father ). We started working on the highest area of the farm in order to find the best coffee cherries to process specialty coffees. This is the fourth year the we have been able to produce excellent coffees from this farm. IP Farm has been in the Pereira family for two generations. Santuario Project is also in charge of the coffee processing at this Farm. Every year Mr. Ivan Solis and Mr. Edwin Noreña quality managers travel to Brazil to personally supervise all the coffee processes.
Honey Red Process
- Selective harvest hand-picking (21-23º sugar brix level).
- Cherries are washed with clean water.
- Floaters separated.
- Cherries are soak in water for 28 hours.
- Coffee Cherries are depulped leaving 45% of mucilage.
- Coffee is placed on the African beds for final fermentation process.
- Final sun drying on the African beds for 28 days with controlled conditions.
- Humidity down to 10.5 %.
- Coffee must rest for 4 days on fique bags (Humidity Stabilization)
- Finally coffee is stored on grain pro bags to concentrate the flavors.