The Tres Milagros farm has been in the Facusse family for 55 years. Since the beginning the farm was planted with Bourbon and Catuai, producing excellent coffees with the characteristics of the Dota-Tarrazu region. By 2011 Mr. Camilo Merizalde and the Facusse Family decided to create a very unique specialty coffee program, applying all the experience from Finca Santuario Colombia. New varietals were planted ; Geisha, Heirloom, Tipica, F1, Villa Sarchi and several more. Tres Milagros today has several processes in order to produce outstanding specialty coffees. Camilo Merizalde and Mauricio Facusse had been friends since college time, maintaining a very close relationship that lead to the creation of this splendid coffee project.
- Cherries are washed with clean water.
- Floaters are separated.
- Aerobic Fermentation on tanks for 18 hours.
- Final sun drying on African beds for 16 days with controlled conditions.
- Humidity down to 10.5 %.
- Coffee must rest for 4 days on fique bags (Humidity Stabilization)
- Finally coffee is stored on grain pro bags to concentrate the flavors.