|Farm||Tres Milagros, Dota-Tarrazú|
Camilo Merizalde / Facusse Family
Natural Anaerobic 72 hours plus Mossto
|Coffee Area||55 ha.|
|Rainfall in mm||2400 mm|
|Average Annual Temperature||21 °C|
|Cupping Profile||Floral, Spice, Clove, Ginger, Cacao, Nibs, Strawberry, Kiwi, Tamarind, Mango, Plum, Cherry.|
The Tres Milagros farm has been in the Facusse family for 55 years. Since the beginning the farm was planted with Bourbon and Catuai, producing excellent coffees with the characteristics of the Dota-Tarrazu region. By 2011 Mr. Camilo Merizalde and the Facusse Family decided to create a very unique specialty coffee program, applying all the experience from Finca Santuario Colombia. New varietals were planted ; Geisha, Heirloom, Tipica, F1, Villa Sarchi and several more. Tres Milagros today has several processes in order to produce outstanding specialty coffees. Camilo Merizalde and Mauricio Facusse had been friends since college time, maintaining a very close relationship that lead to the creation of this splendid coffee project. The Santuario Project in Costa Rica built a new wet facility to process all the coffees.
Red Catuai / Natural Anaerobic 72 hours plus Mossto
- Cherries are washed with clean water.
- Floaters are separated.
- Initial anaerobic cherry fermentation on seal tanks for 72 hours.(Mossto added)
- Final sun drying on African beds for 24-26 days with controlled conditions.
- Humidity down to 10.5 %
- Coffee must rest for 4 days on fique bags (Humidity Stabilization)
- Finally coffee parchment is stored on grain pro bags to concentrate the flavors.
- Coffee lots are cupped and samples selected.