Santuario Sul Farm, was created 5 years ago with the same philosophy and techniques from Finca Santuario in Cauca Colombia. Luiz Paulo Pereira Filho and Camilo Merizalde decided to plant Yellow Bourbon as the main varietal for the farm. During the following years, more varietals were planted at the farm to complete a coffee garden with 20 different species from all over the world. Every year Santuario Sul offers new and sophisticated processes to enhance the flavors of the exotic coffees planted at the farm. Santuario Project is in charge of the coffee processing at the Farm. Every year Mr. Ivan Solis and Mr. Edwin Noreña quality managers, travel to Brazil to personally supervise harvest labors and coffee processes at Santuario Sul farm.
Natural Fermented 72 hours - Process
- Selective harvest hand-picking (20-22º sugar brix level).
- Cherries are washed with clean water.
- Floaters separated.
- Cherries are soak in water for 1 day.
- Coffee cherries are fermented on tanks for 72 hours.
- Final sun drying on African beds for 25 days with controlled conditions.
- Humidity down to 10.5 %.
- Coffee must rest for 4 days on fique bags (Humidity Stabilization)
- Finally coffee is stored on grain pro bags to concentrate the flavors.