Francisco Isidro Pereira
Red Bourbon (100 years)
|Coffee Area||330 ha.|
|Rainfall in mm||1.516 mm.|
|Average Annual Temperature||22 °C|
|Cupping Notes||Fruty, sweet, full bodied, red fruits, wine flavors, whiskey notes, sweet pepper, spicy finish.|
Add to compare0
Sertāo Farm is part of the history of coffee production on the Carmo Region. Jose Isidro Pereira (Second Generation) runs this beautiful farm with his lovely wife Nazareth. They run the farm with extreme care to conserve the areas that had been producing coffees for more that 100 years. Fazenda Sertāo is located above 1000 mts in the Carmo de Minas Region MG. The coffee plants were planted on the top of the hill slopes in order to avoid the frost that is very common in the area.
Natural - Process
- Selective harvest hand-picking (23-25º sugar brix level).
- Cherries are washed with clean water.
- Floaters separated.
- Cherries are soak in water for 2 hours..
- Sun drying on African beds for 19 days.
- Humidity down to 10.5 %.
- Coffee must rest for 4 days on fique bags (Humidity Stabilization)
- Finally coffee is stored on grain pro bags to concentrate the flavors.
- Sun drying on African beds for 18-20 days.
- Coffee parchment is constantly moved.
- Coffee dried to 10.5 %.
- Final humidity stabilization for 5 days.
- Then Coffee parchment is stored on GP bags for 10 days.
- Finally lots are cupped and samples selected for offers.