|Coffee Area||65 ha|
|Altitude||1850 - 2000 m.s.n.m.|
|Rainfall in mm||2.150 mm|
|Average Annual Temperature||17 °C|
|Harvest Period||May-July / Nov-Jan|
Delicate Floral, sweet chocolate, medium acidity, clean bright finish.
Add to compare0
Santuario Farm (Cauca)
Santuario farm history began 22 years ago when Camilo Merizalde had the desire of creating a unique farm capable of producing the best specialty coffees from Colombia. For the first ten years Santuario Farm was able to produce amazing coffees for the Specialty Coffee Market. By 2012 Santuario opened the first two farms out of Colombia (Tres Milagros Costa Rica), and (Santuario Sul Brazil). On April 2017 Santuario Colombia teamed up with Teddy Esteve (Ecom Group) to create the Santuario Process center in Ixhuatlan del Cafe Veracruz, Mexico.
Washed Fermented Process
- Cherries are harvested above 22 brix level.
- Selective harvest hand-picking.
- Cherries are soaked in water for 5 hours.
- Floaters and imperfect cherries are discard.
- Coffee is depulped leaving 45% of mucilage.
- Aerobic fermentation without water for 14 hours.
- Coffee is washed.
- Sun drying on African beds for 18-20 days.
- Coffee parchment is constantly moved.
- Coffee dried to 10.5 %.
- Final humidity stabilization for 5 days.
- Then Coffee parchment is stored on GP bags for 10 days.
- Finally lots are cupped and samples selected for offers..