|Farm||Macizo Small Producers|
|Producers||20 Families, Isnos.|
|Process||Washed Sun Dried|
|Coffee Area||45 ha|
|Altitude||1850 - 2000 m.s.n.m.|
|Rainfall in mm||1.890 mm|
|Average Annual Temperature||17 °C|
|Harvest Period||May-July / Nov-Jan|
Add to compare0
The Macizo (Massif) is a vast mountainous area in the Cauca, Huila, and Tolima states. The Macizo is part of the Andes range in Colombia, here the main rivers from Colombia are born (Magdalena, and Cauca rivers). The Macizo is a well know are for producing top quality coffees in Colombia.
- Selective harvest hand-picking.
- Floaters and imperfect cherries are discard.
- Coffee is depulped leaving 15-20% of mucilage.
- Sun drying on African beds for 18-20 days.
- Coffee parchment is constantly moved.
- Coffee dried to 10.5 %.
- Finally coffee parchment is sent to our warehouses for final selection.
- After 5 days lots are cupped and selected for exports.